“We’ve Always Stood for Family”
We will continue to follow all Federal and State recommended guidelines. The President, Governor, and Cuyahoga Executive have all declared states of Emergency due to the Coravirus pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have issued updated guidance on preventing the spread of the virus in long term settings. Altenheim is committed to following this guidance and additional government directives for the safety of its residents, staff and community in this time of national emergency.
Listed below are the precautions we are currently implementing:
- Pursuant to the updated CDC guidelines we have restricted visitation except in end of life situations; at any time please call 440-238-3361 to talk to you nurse about your loved one.
- Meals will be delivered to each resident’s room Resident group and communal dining is restricted
- For the safety of our resident’s activities will be in small groups or one on one
- All residents have been and will be activity monitored daily for fever and respiratory symptoms and for those who can do so we are asking residents to report if they feel feverish or have symptoms of a respiratory infection( shortness of breath, new or change in cough, and /or sore throat)
- We are requesting that residents do not leave campus except for medical necessity
- We are asking residents, staff, and families to practice social distancing (stay at least six feet away from others, except caregivers)
- We are asking everyone to practice frequent hand hygiene and wash hands for 20 seconds
- We are asking everyone to refrain as much as possible from touching surfaces and then their faces ( e.g. mouths, noses and eyes)
- Residents have been and will be encouraged to remain in their rooms and limit movement in the facility
Thank you for cooperation and if you have any questions….
For our families and residents please do not hesitate to contact the manager of your residence.
For our employees if you have questions please reach out to your manager.